Samstag, 8. Oktober 2011

Introduction to Storytelling 2

As I have promised in my last post, I am back now with some more input on the subject of Storytelling. 
From the first day I arrived to Switzerland I went around Bern visiting the tourist places and I was lucky enough to find the Kornhaus Library. I went in and I have spent hours just deciding what book I should borrow. There were thousands and thousands of books and I asked myself how can I chose the best one for me? I started reading the back notes, the references,  maybe summaries. Some books just attracted me with the cover images, others had famous authors, and also some had a catchy summary. I gathered a pile of books and I could see the awkward sight of the librarian. 


Finally I had decided on the book, got home, had some dinner and started reading. "The Gift" by Cecilia Ahern kept me out of the real world for hours, it was dark already, my roommate sleeping. The moment I got started with the book, I couldn't stop. The pages kept moving, one after another, I was hypnotized. 


Enough about me! Let's talk about you!


"How many times have you been fascinated by a good story?Think about this for a minute, because it may be more often than you think. How many times have you stayed up late reading a novel that you "couldn't" put down, or watching a movie that you couldn't turn off? How many times have you pushed yourself harder after hearing the story of someone else's success, or changed your opinion after reading a convincing article in a magazine or newspaper?


There's no doubt that stories can change the way we think, act, and feel. Leaders, especially, can use the power of a good story to influence and motivate their teams to new heights. Stories can inspire everything from understanding to action. They can create legends that an entire workplace culture can build upon, and they have the power to break down barriers and turn a bad situation into a good one. Stories can capture our imaginations and make things real in a way that cold, hard facts can't.


Make no mistake – stories can be very, very powerful leadership tools. Great leaders know this, and many top CEOs today use stories to illustrate points and sell their ideas." (MIndtools)


Now you understand how important the storytelling is! Stories can change lives! Your story needs to be the best so that you achieve your target, you are the chosen book from the library! You have a loyal reader whom you truly fascinate! Come back here soon and I'll introduce you to the topic of Web 2.0. But in the meanwhile enjoy your morning newspaper, your magazine, your talk with your mates and all the other stories that travel around you. 

1 Kommentar:

  1. very interesting insight on the subject)always good to know someone else`s ideas and opinion.LIKE!

    AntwortenLöschen